Member, Webmaster/Facebook Guru, and DTC Coordinator, Visual Artist of Welland
Member and Website Administrator, Pelham Art Association
Member and Decorative Trading Card (DTC) Coordinator, DAIC World (Discovering Arts in Canada)
Tracy Greening is a Visual Artist currently living in Welland, ON. She began decorative painting with acrylics in 2006, after a second back surgery forced her to give up cake decorating. She has since expanded her artistic skillset to include fine arts in acrylics, watercolours, pastels, charcoals, and mixed media.
Inspirations for her Northern Lights and wildlife pieces come from the 30 plus years growing up in Wabush, Labrador – a small mining town surrounded by vast open wilderness, where the Aurora Borealis can be seen dancing across the skies all year round, and the wildlife is plentiful. Tracy’s portrait paintings have been an ongoing learning experience since participating in a short Portrait Drawing Class under instructor Cris Delara at Niagara College (2012). Since then, she has completed many personal request as well as portraits of well-known artists such as Angelina Jolie, Gord Downie, Patsy Cline, Leonard Cohen, and several others.
Tracy has completed personalized paintings on welcome signs, mailboxes, saw-blades, paddles, canvas, and watercolour paper for people all across Canada. She has been developing her skills and techniques by attending art classes and workshops more frequently since 2015, under the instruction of well-known artists such as: Gloria Kingma, Jane E. Jones, John D. Anderson, Julie Ponesse, and others in the Niagara Region. The most challenging – yet very fulfilling is the ongoing study of lights, shadows, and perspective using a limited palette.
Tracy has exhibited paintings in the Welland Rose Festival; Welland Art Project; Day in the Park Art Shows; the Pelham Art Association fall and spring Exhibitions (since 2015); Pelham and Welland Culture Days; Circle of Art, Friends of Crystal Beach; VENA VR (Virtual Experience for Niagara Artists); Black Sheep Lounge; and most recently the 1st Annual VAW Spring Fling Art Show & Sale this past April. Upcoming shows to watch for Tracy’s art:
- June 1-29 – PAA June Art Exhibition, Pelham Public Library, 43 Pelham Town Square, Fonthill
- June 6 – July 18 – VAW Members Exhibition, Welland Historical Museum, 140 King Street, Welland
- June 10 – June 16 – WRF & VAW Adult Art Exhibition, Centre Court, Seaway Mall, Welland
- July 20 – Circle of Art, FOCB, Queens Circle, Crystal Beach
- November 3 – Église Sacré Coeur's Annual Church Bazaar, Empire Street, Welland
- January 10, 2020 – March 6, 2020 – 1st Solo Show “My Colourful Journey” - Welland Wall of Art, Welland Public Library, 50 The Boardwalk, Welland